WHY is it October 1st!?!??! Have you guys finished up Christmas shopping yet? I have a couple things left to pick up for Aj and that is IT....we are DONE DONE DONE!! We always start early but this year seems like we are finishing up late.
Today was a busy day in my household lol. I am going through this really big purge/organization phase and I am SERIOUSLY purging. I decided to put some of my fabric on a book shelf so I could SEE it...well see...I have a LOT of fabric...and this isn't even all of it. Which is why I'm on a diet until the beginning of the year. I found stuff I forgot I had lol.
And just let me show you part of my knit shelf lol. The other knits are in a drawer lol.
I love knits SOOOOOOO much. I could seriously live in them.
I'm going on a trip in about a month and I've already started to think about what I want to wear. I need stuff that will be EASY to travel with.Doesn't have to be all matchy-matchy...just functional. I don't want to do a ton of ironing...lazy?? Yeah lol.
I'm going to make McCall's 5746
for my "night out" lol I'm also HOPING to wear this to a wedding on Saturday evening and ummm I haven't even started lol. I am torn between view A and B. I am going to use black wool crepe.
In this cranberry knit. I plan on doing view A. I am on the fence about the pockets BUT I was shooting a wedding the other week and I saw a lady with a brown version of this on and pockets REALLY looked cute. I'll have to play it by ear lol.
I love the one that Mimi did and ran out to grab it for myself!
Butterick 5247 view A in this rib-knit.
I have this labeled as "mustard" but it doesn't look mustard...more like a burnt orange-y type color. It looks really good against my skin.
Lastly, I will make the jacket and pants from this pattern.
The jacket will be done in this wool jersey houndstooth. I fell in LOVE with this pattern when I saw it on a blog but can not remember who it was. I love the cut of the jacket. Relaxed but flattering.
The pants will be done in a solid black knit. Not wool jersey.
I think that will get it. I'm going jean shopping today (I really need some more) so throw in a couple pair of jeans...some fiya boots...and call it a day ;-)
I was tagged a couple times so here goes:
Dei tagged me to write 7 facts of my sewing history.....(mine are kinda random lol)
1. After a REALLY big project...I buy pretty fabric lol. What a great way to celebrate huh?
2. My best project to date is my McCalls jacket. I LOVE it!!!!
3. I am REALLY addicted to buying BWOF magazines...but NOT sewing from them lol. I've only made ummm one or two BWOF items :-)
4. I used to be terrified to sew a vogue pattern. NOT ANYMORE LOL. Do not be afraid of Vogue...
5. I have several hobbies and sewing just so happens to be one of them. When I do NOT get a chance to sew (or do what ever hobby I am working on at the time) I get REALLY cranky...like almost bitchy cranky. Yeah it's NOT that nice lol.
6. The sewing machine my mom gave me died last year, but I keep it in my closet. I will NEVER get rid of it.
7. I kept the very first garment I made to watch my progress, but a LOT of the other things I have made that...ummm were not up to par...are GONE lol.
Cathy's tag was to list 7 random things about me (right now):
I've done this one a couple of times, so I'll go with 7 random things about me RIGHT NOW...
1. I am HOOKED on Publix Red Velvet Cake Icecream. This stuff is SO good.
2. I have already started counting down the days until my birthday....33 days.
3. The Facebook/Twitter Application is AWESOME....yep having fun with that.
4. I have been craving cheese toast since Sunday. Yes I've had a slice everyday lol.
5. A lizard got in the house today and I acted a stone fool until it was gone. The cats caught it. LOVE MY KITTENS! LOL
6. I lost my cellphone the other day and about had fit. It was on the floorboard of my car.
7. Y'all know I am NOT a Nikon girl BUT I have seriously been lusting after the new TOUCH SCREEN Coolpix S60. I am NOT a fan of touchscreen phones, but ummm....this camera has REALLY gotten my attention lol.
Mirela gave me with this special award:
Thank you very much! If you haven't grabbed this one yet feel free to grab it now!
Ok, that is IT for me guys!
Have a great day!