I only made 26 garments this year and 42 garments last year. My goal was to sew more quality garments than quanity. Now I will say that all of my things are very very nice, but not always perfect. I worked this year on perfecting my sewing and you can really see a difference. Well I can anyway lol.
My goals for 2010:
- Sew a spring wardrobe. I already have my patterns picked out. Gonna work on picking fabrics from STASH for this lol. -- Didn't do this. I am the BEST planner, but so bad at following through. I think I do better when I just pick a couple items and NOT plan an entire wardrobe.
- Make my duvet cover and window treatments -- I did accomplish this one! YAY!
- Make a white button down shirt. -- Did this one! YAY lol
- Master a welt pocket. --nerp!
- Don't fall victim to the pattern sales. I swear they GOT ME this year lol.--FAIL lol
2011 Goals -
- Always remember to take my time with a project and don't rush it no matter HOW badly I want to finish.
- Sew a shirt and pants for Tony.
- Sew a shirt and pants for Aj.
- Make transitional jackets for the kids.
- Not be afraid of welt pockets, because yes I am scared.
- Get better at hemming. I swear I SUCK at it. Seriously.
That's really it.
All in all I had a really great year lol.
My favorite item this year:
Vogue 8184 I LOVE this dress! I made a different view this week to wear this weekend.
Most worn item:
Vogue 1179--I PROMISE everytime I "ran" out of the house, I threw this on. I LOVE IT. LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE lol. I made another dress this week that I believe will take it's place lol
My most trendy item:
McCall's 6078 Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE sparkly lol. Sequin is such a huge trend right now, I hadddddddddd to have a sparkly top lol. I LOVE this. I hope to wear it once more before the year is out lol.
I don't even have the picture anymore lol.
I still need to make a LBD - I made a LBR (Little Black Romper) But I won't get a chance to review that until January. I have a couple patterns in mind for my LBD so that is a must for next year.
And that's all I have. Do you have any goals for next year?? I'd love to hear them!