I don't know WHY these are called funeral sandwiches but they are INSANE.
I made these for Jaelyn's sleepover in FEBRUARY smh, I know I'm WAY late but I'm going to start back putting food on here lol. It's been a WHILE lol.
ANYWAY, these things were awesome. They RAN through them. I think I ended up making a ton more lol. They are SUPER good.
You can literally stand at the counter and just EAT them lol
Try them. Let me know how you like em!
For the sandwiches:
- 24 King’s Hawaiian Rolls
- 24 slices deli slice Honey Ham
- 24 slices deli slice Swiss cheese
For the glaze:
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- 4 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon finely minced onion (or 2 tsp. dried minced onion)
- Poppy seeds, for sprinkling
1. Cut the rolls in half and spread the insides lightly with mayonnaise. Lightly oil or spray baking pan with Pam. Line the bottom of a baking pan with the bottoms of the rolls. Layer the ham slices, then cheese and place the top half back on.
2. In a medium bowl mix together the melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, brown sugar and onion. Pour the entire concoction over the buns, drenching each one. Sprinkle each sammie with poppy seeds. Cover tightly and marinade anywhere from 4-24 hours.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 15 minutes, uncovered or until cheese is melted and bun tops are a bit golden. Serve warm!