- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup prechopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can no salt-added whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked sweet paprika
- 4 (4-ounce) center-cut boneless pork loin chops, trimmed
- Cooking spray
Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add red onion and ginger; sauté 2 minutes or until tender. Add chopped red bell pepper, ground coriander, dried thyme, and corn; cook 3 minutes or until the bell pepper is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in cider vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper; cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Spoon relish into a bowl.
Combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, and paprika; sprinkle evenly over pork. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add pork to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Serve with relish.
8 (2-ounce) slice Italian or sourdough bread
4 garlic cloves, halved
4 small tomatoes, each cut in half crosswise
4 teaspoon evoo
1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Place bread slices on grill rack, grill 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Rub 1 side of each bread slice with garlic clove half and 1 tomato half (tomato pulp will rub off onto bread). Discard tomato peels. Drizzle 1/2 teaspoon olive oil over each bread slice, sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper.
I served this with a small spinach salad. It was YUMMO....