- 3 1/2 oz long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning, salt-free
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup bell pepper stir-fry
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup canned Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
While the rice cooks, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the shrimp with Cajun seasoning; toss to coat. Add shrimp to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until done. Remove from pan; keep warm.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Add the pepper stir-fry, green onions, and thyme; sauté 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in cooked rice, shrimp, tomatoes, salt, and pepper, and cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.