Makes 6 servings
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1-lb.) package mild ground pork sausage ( I used ground turkey)
- 2 ounces turkey pepperoni slices (about 30), cut in half
- 1 (26-oz.) jar tomato-and-basil pasta sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (8-oz.) package shredded Italian three-cheese blend
1. Cook spaghetti with 1/2 tsp. salt according to package directions. Drain well, and place in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. (I didn't add salt)
2. Brown sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain and set aside. Wipe skillet clean. Add pepperoni, and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until slightly crisp.
3. Top spaghetti in baking dish with sausage; pour pasta sauce over sausage. Arrange half of pepperoni slices evenly over pasta sauce. Sprinkle evenly with cheeses. Arrange remaining half of pepperoni slices evenly over cheese. Cover with nonstick or lightly greased aluminum foil.
4. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes; remove foil, and bake 10 more minutes or until cheese is melted and just begins to brown.
This was something quick that the kids saw somewhere and wanted to try. We are all for trying things over there. THANKFULLY it was pretty good lol. Nothing fancy, just simple :). If you try it let me know :)