Lawwwwwwwwwddddd last night we had some friends over and some kinda way Tony and I started singing this and whew chile lol
On to some food lol. I figured since the holiday is here, a nice easy cake would be a good place to start. I made this one back in ummm March? April??? LOL I honestly don't remember lol
ALMOST ALWAYS, the first time I use a recipe I will follow it as written the first time...
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package orange cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, oil and mandarin oranges with juice. Beat until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- To make the topping: In a large bowl, beat together whipped topping, pineapple with juice and dry pudding mix until blended. Spread on cake.
Next time I make this I will use yellow cake mix and make my own whip cream. I do NOT like whip cream you get out of the store. Tastes weird to me lol.
That's it. If you try it and like it let me know!
Y'all have a safe holiday weekend!!!!