Makes 4 servings
- 1 quart water (Instead of using water I used chicken broth)
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 celery rib, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8-ounce) package pasteurized prepared cheese product, cubed (I didn't use this, I used regular sharp cheddar cheese)
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
Bring 1 quart salted water to a boil in a Dutch oven. Add chicken, and cook 12 minutes or until done. Remove chicken from water with a slotted spoon. Add pasta to water in Dutch oven, and cook 10 minutes or until tender; drain. Keep warm.
Heat 1/4 cup broth over medium-high heat in a Dutch oven; add celery and onion, and cook 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in chicken, soup, cheese, and remaining 3/4 cup chicken broth, stirring until cheese is melted. Toss with pasta; garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
I also served this with steamed broccoli. It was a hit!
If you try it and like it let me know :-)