Another one I made during the holidays. This is THE BEST CREAM CHEESE POUND CAKE EVER! My mom raved and raved and raved about this one. Said it tasted JUST like the one Ma'phine (my great aunts name was Josephine) used to make. ANYTHING you make that tastes ANYTHING like what Ma'phine used to make is off da chains! LOL
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups cake flour
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease one 10 inch tube pan.
- Cream together the butter, cream cheese, and sugar until light. Stir in the vanilla and the almond extracts. Add the flour and the eggs alternately, beginning and ending with the flour. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.