This was SO.DAMN.GOOD. Like I cut this EVERYTIME I walked past the table good!!!
Need a good chocolate cake recipe for Valentine's Day?!?!
TRY THIS ONE LOL. (Kayla decided that since we had some extra chocolate left it would be good on the cake lol)
What you need:
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 (5.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, beaten eggs and water. Stir in the chocolate chips and pour batter into a well greased 12 cup bundt pan.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until top is springy to the touch and a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool cake thoroughly in pan at least an hour and a half before inverting onto a plate If desired, dust the cake with powdered sugar.
Add this Satiny Chocolate Glaze for more chocolate goodness...
What you need:
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a double boiler over hot, but not boiling water, combine chocolate chips, butter and corn syrup. Stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth, then add vanilla.
- Spread warm glaze over top of cake, letting it drizzle down the sides.
**Disclaimer** Now hopefully you will like this cake if you make it. It was a TOTAL hit at my house, and my guests LOVED it.
When ever I try a new recipe I ALWAYS follow it exactly the first time. NEXT time I make this I will omit the chocolate chips and use my chocolate cake recipe. Other than that it was REALLY good. This is only the 2nd time I've used a box cake mix and I will share that other recipe next time.
If you try it let me know how you like it!