I was catching up on blogs and ran across Lindsay T's and thought this was a superb idea! I will look forward to doing this EVERY year now lol.
Last year I made a couple resolutions in regards to my sewing....(In red is what I said last year)
I want to plan my projects better. This year, I just bought patterns because they are on sale. I will probably STILL do that, but I want the patterns that I buy to coordinate with SOMETHING else that I have in my stash already.
- *I did really good with this one. I didn't hit up all the pattern sales and buy patterns because they were .99 I actually picked up things that I really wanted to make. My mojo ran out in October I think lol.
I have to stop making "orphan" items.
- *EVERYTHING I made, went with something else that I either already had or was planning on making. I didn't have ANY orphan items this year! YAY!!!
Same with purchasing fabrics. I know I will still buy fabric, but I want to make sure I am buying something that will coordinate with something already in my stash. I am going to have to be VERY careful with this because I am going on a big fabric shopping trip next year.
- *My "big" fabric shopping trip didn't happen (was supposed to go to NY but I will be there next year woo hoo) but I haven't purchased a piece of fabric other than when I went to North Carolina and I told y'all vacation fabric doesn't count. So I've done well. I am very proud of me. I don't need any fabric but want to do better with sewing what I have.
I will not be afraid to try a new technique or work with a different/unfamiliar fabric.
- *I did learn a few new techniques this year and I worked with new fabrics!! I did well!
Number of garments made this year: 55 individual pieces (WOW) lol. Nothing was half sewn, or rushed.... I don't do rushed lol.
You can see my Pattern Reviews Here
Most Worn Garment
How much did I like it? A TON! I made it twice! LOL
Butterick 5247- The second time I made this I used this super, duper soft sweater knit. I LOVE this top!!!
Proudest Sewing Moment
Winning the Pattern Review Mini Wardrobe Contest!
I worked my ASS off and tailored the CRAP out of my jacket! I LOVE it!!!
ALL TIME Favorite Garment
McCall's 5746- I think I did a SUPERB job on this dress. You can read my review here. The construction, the fit. I simply LOVE IT! I've worn it twice already and PLAN on wearing it at least ONCE more before the year is out lol. I do believe this one MIGHT be made again in a lighter fabric for the summer lol.
Other Favorite Garments :-)
Click to enlarge...
Why in the WORLD did I make that?
Vogue 8486- This was an easy dress to make but it does NOT look good on me. Funny how much I loved it when I made it...I only wore it to take a pic! LOL. Just the wrong style on me lol
Vogue 8472- I think this was just wrong style/fabric combo for me. I only wore it this one time.
Vogue 8379- While I LOVE this pattern, this fabric was alllllllll wrong for it. This dress look better in a solid or an abstract print. NOT this one lol.
Vogue 1056- This has to be the ugliest thing I've ever made...outside of some of my first garments. I don't even know why I wasted my time lol. BEAUTIFUL on the pattern envelope...not so much on me lol.
Biggest Sewing Mistake lol
LOL you can read this story here.
Goals for 2009
- PURGE my patterns.
- Make more basic/everyday tops.
- Use more of the fabric that I have.
- Be a less selfish sewer :-)
- Make my duvet cover and window treatments for my home.
- S.W.A.P more often. NOT necessarily for a contest...just have a plan in mind lol.
- MASTER a welt pocket. Right now they are just frustrating lol.
- Learn AT LEAST 3 new techniques. Something I have never done before. I have three in mind, but will talk about them at a later date.
- Make a white button down shirt. I need a new one.
- Make my quilt!!! LOL