Let's THROW IT BACK!!!!!
I was talking with a good friend yesterday and we started talking about this song lol. I could NOT get it out of my head lol.
Have you guys had a good week!? I have. Looking forward to the weekend though! LOL
For all the knitters lookieeeeeeeeeeeeee:
and a close up...love my point and shoot lol
See, I HAVE been knitting. I have more progress than this. I think I took this ummmm a couple days ago. Stacey said we were knitting with dental floss...she was right lol. I am still going to have to start over ONE more time...my tension is really off when I purl......
Here is the recipe for the vanilla icecream. I got this from my grandma who said this was the way her mom made it.
3 cups sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
5 eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup flour
6 1/4 cups milk
5 cups whipping cream
Combine sugar, flour and salt in saucepan. gradually Stir in milk. Cook over medium heat approximately 15 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
Gradually stir about 1 cup of hot mixture into the beaten eggs. Add egg mixture to remaining hot mixture, stirring constantly. Cook 1 minute; remove from heat.
Refrigerate 2 hours. Combine whipping cream and vanilla in a large bowl. Add chilled mixture, stirring with wire wisk to combine.
Thats when the recipe says to turn the crank until frozen lol....well I plugged my icecream maker up lol.
I also made a couple of apple pies:
YUM. I made one for home and two for a friend who would seriously forget she knows me if I don't make her two pies when I make one, so she ALWAYS gets one lol. I used the recipe of some great, great great aunt or something lol. It has been passed down forever and I will give it to my girls when it's time.
While on the subject of cooking, I cooked THE BEST shrimp and grits last night. OMG
and a close up...
OMG...even looking at it now is making me hungry again. Talk about good. I had a serious case of the "itis" Had to take the kids out to play at the park once we got up lol. Here is the recipe:
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth (I don't like can chicken broth. I made chicken salad and used the broth from the chicken)
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup regular grits
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup sliced mushroom (I don't like mushrooms like that, so I left them out)
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth (again, used my own chicken broth)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- lemon wedge
- Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in a medium saucepan; gradually whisk in grits; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until thickened; add cheddar cheese and next 4 ingredients; set aside but keep warm.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp; remove bacon and drain on paper towels, reserve 1 tablespoon of drippings in skillet; crumble bacon and set aside.
- Sprinkle shrimp with pepper and salt; dredge in flour.
- Saute mushrooms in hot drippings in skillet 5 minutes, or until tender; add green onions and saute 2 minutes; add shrimp and garlic and saute 2 minutes or until shrimp are lightly brown; stir in chicken broth, lemon juice and hot sauce and cook 2 more minutes, stirring to loosen browned bits from skillet.
- Divide grits into 4 large, shallow soup bowls; divide shrimp mixture into four servings and place on top of grits; top each serving with crumbled bacon and serve with lemon wedges.
I am SO devouring Twilight!!!! WHY did I wait so long to read this book!?!?!?!?? I don't know what to make of Edward yet. I'm on chapter 7. I wish I could just sit down and read it all day!!!!! I plan on finishing it before Monday so we will see lol.
OH!!! I haven't talked much about me running, trying to get ready for my 5k but I will do my first one in August!!! I can't wait! I'm up to almost 2 miles a day now and I no longer feel like I am going to DIE when I finish lol.
Y'all have a great weekend!!!